Monday, January 26, 2009

Space

We have just recently started a new science unit on Space and Technology. Today we worked on space related poems. Keep your eyes open for a student created book containing all the kids poetry. In the meantime enjoy the students poem "Stars and Space" which they wrote as a class!

Stars and Space

The stars are Bright
They glow really bright
I gaze at the stars in the night
Mars has stars that glow in the night
As the sun sets the moon rises and the stars glow
The moon helps me see my shadow at night
You can’t count the stars at night
The stars are like polka dots in the sky
Stars as far as I can see
The moon is my new nightlight
The stars are made from gas
I’m sure the stars are still up there glowing
I wish I could see the moon very soon
Planets are like stars
I bet astronauts are on the moon
The moon at night helps me find my way
The moon is shining like a big star
Then the sun shines as a new day begins.

Miss Higgins Class
2009

3 comments:

3W said...

Dear Boys & Girls, What a great poem! I loved reading it & will read each of yours later today or tomorrow. You are all doing a great job. Dr. V.

Student Account said...

Our family has enjoyed learning more about the moon from Cameron and your work in class. We even looked at the moon up close with our camera last night and took some really blurry pictures! It was fun, and cold!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.